Scope of the procurement
The N5 Ballaghaderreen to Scramoge Road Project
Construction work for highways, roads
The N5 Ballaghaderreen to Scramoge Road Project comprises the design and construction of 34km of Type 1 Single Carriageway from the tie-in point of the N5 Ballaghaderreen Bypass in the west, passing to the south of the village of Frenchpark, before crossing the existing N5 and passing to the north of Bellanagare and Tulsk villages. The route then passes to the north of Clooncullaan Lough, before turning in a southerly direction to pass east of Strokestown before re-connecting to the existing N5 at Scramoge.
Information about lots
This contract is divided into lots:
Total value of the procurement
Value excluding VAT:
Additional CPV code(s)
Engineering works and construction works
Construction work for bridges
Structures construction work
Construction, foundation and surface works for highways, roads
Road construction works
Highways consultancy services
Engineering design services
Engineering design services for the construction of civil engineering works
Place of performance
Main site or place of performance:
Co. Roscommon, Ireland
Description of the procurement
Roscommon County Council intends to procure the N5 Ballaghaderreen to Scramoge Road Project as a Design and Build Contract.
The N5 Ballaghaderreen to Scramoge Road Project comprises, but is not limited to, the design and construction of 34km of Type 1 Single Carriageway from the tie-in point of the N5 Ballaghaderreen Bypass in the west re-connecting to the existing N5 at Scramoge east of Strokestown.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of works:-
- 34 km of National Primary Road to Type 1 Single Carriageway standard;
- 16km of realignment of existing National, Regional and Local roads;
- 5 nr. roundabouts (and associated public road lighting);
- 16 nr. 'T' junctions;
- Reconfiguration of a crossroads between the existing N5 and R361;
- major structures including 3 nr. road overbridges, 1 nr. road underbridge, 4 nr. river bridges, retaining walls at three locations;
- various accommodation underpasses;
- various culverts;
- extensive earthworks in low plasticity index glacial tills, including excavation of peat and unacceptable material, excavation and processing of rock and other material, provision of material deposition areas, and deposition and recovery of unacceptable material for use in the works;
- earthworks in karst ground conditions;
- various drainage works including the provision of attenuation ponds and wetlands;
- various Authority and Utility diversions including the diversion of electricity, eir and water apparatus;
- ITS provision;
- various accommodation works and ancillary side roads, domestic and agricultural accesses;
- traffic management.
- various ancillary works
The project will include ecological, noise and visual mitigation requirements and landscaping.
The Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) and other planning documents associated with the project can be found at the following link:
It is anticipated that the Contract will be awarded in Q4, 2022 - Q1, 2023 subject to Government approval.
A more detailed description of works required will be set out in the Instructions to Tenderers which will be issued to the successful Applicants who are shortlisted following the pre-qualification stage of the procurement process.
Information about options
Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds:
Applicants are required to register on the etenders government website at http://www.etenders.gov.ie to download Pre-Qualification Documents.
The instructions as per the Pre-Qualification Documentation.