Scope of the procurement
MetroLink Concept Architect
Advisory architectural services
Transport Infrastructure Ireland require a Concept Architect for the MetroLink project. A key requirement of this role is to work with the engineering designer in ensuring that the developed concept design and architectural vision is consistently followed throughout the project from preliminary design stage through to project completion.
The MetroLink Project is the development of a north-south urban railway service that will run between Swords and Charlemont, linking Dublin Airport, Irish Rail, DART, Dublin Bus and Luas Services, creating fully integrated public transport along the 19km route. There will be a total of 15 new stations, 3000 additional park and ride spaces and a journey time of approximately 25 minutes from Swords to the city centre.
It is intended that the MetroLink project will commence construction in 2021 and be open to passenger services in 2027. For more information visit www.metrolink.ie.
Estimated total value
Value excluding VAT: 2500000.00
Information about lots
This contract is divided into lots:
Additional CPV code(s)
Architectural and related services
Architectural design services
Description of the procurement
This contract will provide MetroLink with the services of a Concept Architect whose role will include but is not limited to the following:
- Working with the engineering designer and design and build contractors to develop the servicing strategy within the stations to achieve a developed design which supports the architectural concept design.
- Ensure consistent implementation of the architectural vision and concept from preliminary design through to project completion.
- Providing advice in relation to station construction methodologies to ensure designs are developed with an integrated approach and integrity of concept design is retained.
- Reviewing and critiquing design proposals submitted by the engineering designer and design and build contractors to ensure the architectural vision has been met and the architectural concept design is consistently being followed.
- Further development of the design shall be required. Design packages will also require further development in line with the architectural vision and concept design.
- Review designs for cycling facilities as well as new and existing routes.
- Where necessary the concept architect will create drawings, models and other visual media for the engineering designer to demonstrate the architectural vision and correct any potential deviation from the vision in the submitted proposals.
- Developing a materials palette and develop a series of key design details in relation to these areas which are to be mandated in the design and build contract.
- Reviewing information (drawings and specifications) relating to all types of station design prior to issue of tender, through to contract award and construction completion.
- Applying value management techniques to meet the overarching need to ensure value for money for public funds without reducing service quality.
- Participate in any stakeholder engagement meetings and consultations as required by TII or the engineering designer.
Price is not the only award criterion and all criteria are stated only in the procurement documents
Value excluding VAT: 2500000.00
Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months:
This contract is subject to renewal:
Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
Information about options
Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: